Salento is the land of the two seas and the wind: the beaches on the Adriatic are protected when the tramontane (N) and the gregale (NE) blow; the beaches on the Ionio are protected when the sirocco blows.
A central position, like Don Totu’s, allows you to decide every day what the best destination is, depending on the wind, and to find sheltered beaches.
The closest marine locations (Santa Cesarea Terme, Castro, Marittima e Andrano) feature a rocky coast, with a long succession of small bays and inlets, enchanting places where one can spend a full day at seaside. And after a day at the beach, the hinterland allows the traveler to enjoy the rest, the fresh air, the good food and traditions of Salento. For those who love the outdoor and wish to get to know more closely the nature of this land, we recommend pleasant walks or bicycle rides, going through the “tratturi”, grassy paths between olive trees.
San Cassiano is in the heart of Salento, a few kilometers south of Maglie where you will be able to reach:
• in 5/10 minutes by car: Poggiardo, Giuggianello, Scorrano, Maglie, Muro Leccese;
• in 10/15 minutes by car: Supersano, Santa Cesarea Terme, Castro, Marittima, Andrano;
• in 15/20 minutes by car: Otranto, Tricase, Specchia, Melpignano, Corigliano d’Otranto;
• in 20/25 minutes by car: Galatina, Cutrofiano, Aradeo, Sternatia, Calimera;
• in 25/30 minutes by car: Lecce, Gallipoli, Santa Maria di Leuca, le Marine di Salve (Torre Pali, Lido Marini, Torre Vado, Pescoluse, known as the Maldives of Salento) and the marinas of Ugento (Torre San Giovanni, Posto Rosso, Torre Mozza);
• in 30/35 minutes by car: the marinas of Melendugno (Torre dell’Orso, Roca Vecchia, San Foca); the marinas of Gallipoli (Baia Verde, Lido Conchiglie, Santa Maria al Bagno);
• in 40 minutes by car: ACAYA Golf Club – Strada Comunale di Acaya km 2, Acaya (LE)
• in 40/50 minutes by car: Brindisi airport, Porto Cesareo (Isola dei Conigli), Porto Selvaggio, Leverano, Copertino;